As many will know I’m quite active on the web with a few Islay blogs and websites, in particular IslayBlog.com and the Islay Pictures photoblog. They will of course remain the focus of my Islay blogging while I’m also posting the occasional entry here.
To help you finding them I’ve now linked these blogs in the sidebar and have also added a widget which pulls in the newsfeed from IslayBlog.com. Hope you find that helpful.
The guys from Bagging Scotland are off to Islay next weeks and asked for ideas what to bag on Islay. Here are some of my quick thoughts I already sent to them on Twitter:
- Machir Bay
- Saligo Bay
- The distilleries
- pub in Portnahaven (probably the best pub in Portnahaven)
- dinner at An Taigh Osda (if you can get a table)
- Beinn Bheigier (highest hill on Islay)
- Rhuvaal lighthouse (remotest house on Islay)
- An Cladach (best bothy)
- view to Ireland from The Oa
- stars on the night sky without light pollution (west side of the Rinns is quite good for that)
Anything else you can think of?
This is a quick first post. I’ll post some Islay stuff here. Also looking into ways to syndicate content from my existing Islay blogs.